WARNING!!! Content from this blogger may help stimulate your mind

All I ask is that what I post you read with an open mind. Please make any judgements or decisions based on what your individual value(s), ideas, up-bringing may be. Remember, you are an individual, not a piece of a bigger group. The greatest thing about this country is that we have individual freedom. Really.


My 2 cents and you can keep the change

I am just an ordinary everyday citizen who is trying to get his voice heard. I think for myself and I don't always agree with someone or something 100% of the time, but that is entirely up to me to make that call. I really became interested in the political scene after 9/11 happened.

I am new to blogging, but it is something that I have always wanted to do. Give my opinion on certain current events along with happenings of everyday life is what I want to share with everyone. I am not mainstream by any way, nor do I feel that I have to solely committ to one party. However, I will committ to values that align with my own.



Powered By Blogger

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Is this fair?

I read ths article on the yahoo, and since I am currently taking law classes I felt that it would be appropriate to comment on. (latimes.com/news/local/la-me-billboard28-2010feb28,0,7528587.story?track
=rss)

This is a rare occasion where the city attorney files charges against an individual. Also, it is clearly seen that this is being held as a politically motivated case, since, for a misdemeanor, the bail was set at 1 million dollars. For a sign violation, keep in mind, that this is cruel and unusual punishment for a misdemeanor. Now, granted bail is set based on the financial situation to one, but still, 1 million dollars for a misde? Just doens't make sense.

Is the City of LA ,trying to make an example of someone? Clearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment