WARNING!!! Content from this blogger may help stimulate your mind

All I ask is that what I post you read with an open mind. Please make any judgements or decisions based on what your individual value(s), ideas, up-bringing may be. Remember, you are an individual, not a piece of a bigger group. The greatest thing about this country is that we have individual freedom. Really.


My 2 cents and you can keep the change

I am just an ordinary everyday citizen who is trying to get his voice heard. I think for myself and I don't always agree with someone or something 100% of the time, but that is entirely up to me to make that call. I really became interested in the political scene after 9/11 happened.

I am new to blogging, but it is something that I have always wanted to do. Give my opinion on certain current events along with happenings of everyday life is what I want to share with everyone. I am not mainstream by any way, nor do I feel that I have to solely committ to one party. However, I will committ to values that align with my own.



Powered By Blogger

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Made in America?

I was in the store the other day and I just happened to notice where items were made from.
China was the most numerous, Pakistan, Taiwan, and Mexico were the only places that I found on tags. I couldn't find anything made in America. I am not complaining or even considering isolationism for our nation, but how has it come down to this. It brought me to think about, what do we export to other countries?

The cost that are incorporated into what we make is outrageous for another country to buy from us, right? I know that we even import drywall from China. I am no economics major or even close to a guru about the subject, but people all around the world buy stuff because of its price, where it is made at does not matter at that point anymore.
Lately we have been great at exporting our national debt and other countries having been investing
in consumer debt, but those have taken seriously losses of late, which we all know about. Now, investors are not stupid, they will not out their money into something that doesn't give them money back. I doubt that will last long very much longer at this rate. Maybe its just me, but nothing comes to mind about what we make as a nation that the world demands. Really though what do we make, that the world demands from us?

No comments:

Post a Comment