WARNING!!! Content from this blogger may help stimulate your mind

All I ask is that what I post you read with an open mind. Please make any judgements or decisions based on what your individual value(s), ideas, up-bringing may be. Remember, you are an individual, not a piece of a bigger group. The greatest thing about this country is that we have individual freedom. Really.


My 2 cents and you can keep the change

I am just an ordinary everyday citizen who is trying to get his voice heard. I think for myself and I don't always agree with someone or something 100% of the time, but that is entirely up to me to make that call. I really became interested in the political scene after 9/11 happened.

I am new to blogging, but it is something that I have always wanted to do. Give my opinion on certain current events along with happenings of everyday life is what I want to share with everyone. I am not mainstream by any way, nor do I feel that I have to solely committ to one party. However, I will committ to values that align with my own.



Powered By Blogger

Friday, December 11, 2009

Gun Law Debacle...

Being that I am intimately involved and a supporter of the 2nd Amendment, along with all the amendments in our constitution; I feel that this will be a great time to discuss this issue. Today on yahoo news I read this heading, "Gun Laws Getting looser across much of US" [http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091211/ap_on_bi_ge/us_looser_gun_laws](AP). Before even reading the article I already knew pretty much the direction of where it was going. Now, of course if anyone of us read the headlines, "Freedom of speech laws overated" or "First Amendment out of control," our immediate reaction would be, WHAT!

Whether one agrees with gun rights or not, a person needs to take the time to really analyze their thoughts. Lets face it, a gun, no matter what type, caliber, purpose, is an inanimate object that requires a person to operate. Just like a car, a machine, a key, and even a flashlight. People who oppose the right of gun ownership or guns period because "Guns Kills," clearly makes this argument a victim to, POST HOC ERGO PROPTER HOC. For those still thinking what this means, it means an argument of false cause. Which is clearly presented in the meat and potatoes of many gun opponents arguments.

Gun ownership is a right. Just like freedom of speech, right to bail, no quartering of soldiers, no unwarranted search and seizures, and so on. So why does this one amendment of the constitution draw so much fire all the time. Really, I don't get. It has to be ignorance on one part, and well just plain not liking guns on the other.
Unfortunately my blog will not be the end all to this debate, but I am hoping that it opens some eyes. I can imagine living in America where people would be ok with limiting the first amendment, or allowing cops to just pull us over and seize property from us.

I am an advocate opposing irresponsible gun ownership. Its not the gun its the person responsible for it. I don't feel that people who are not responsible, violent criminals, or don't have proper firearm education should own one either.

What really irks the hell out of me is that a lot of laws that are proposed are punishing responsible gun owners. Lets face it, do criminals that are not allowed to own a gun, go to a gun shop, submit a background check, and once cleared, receive their firearm. Absolutely not. They go to the black market and get what they need, right then and there. But, yet people feel that making outrageuous laws will punish the criminals directly. They don't. They punish legal gunowners. Its common sense that criminals break the law and don't care. When are legislators and opponents of gun laws going to get it that they have make whatever law they want to try and prevent whatever they want, but in the end, the law abidding citizens will always follow the law, and the criminals will always break the law. It is the criminals that are murdering, robbing, shooting, etc with firearms, not responsible gunowners. Common sense.

Imagine if the DUI law was changed to zero tolerance. Can't drive with even one beer on your breath, because this way we can end all DUI related deaths. Politicians would shake their own hands and pat themselves on the back because it makes sense right, prevent irresponsible drinking and driving and get rid of all DUI related deaths. Case Shut right. No. Will people still continue to drink and drive, absolutely. All this type of law would is create unfair difficulties to responsible drivers. Think about the people that really do enjoy 1 beer at lunch. Or a glass of wine with dinner. Now under those premises those would be criminal to do that. Unfair? You make the call.

There was a saying that I once heard. "Guns Don't Kill People, People Do." Now when we think about, that saying can be applied to many things and still have the same purpose. Cars don't kill...knives don't kill...airplanes don't kill...arrows don't kill...pillows don't kill...people do. It all applies, because its all true. I bet that most of the opponents of guns have never fired a gun or appreciate the skill that is truely required to operate a gun.

I will make a promise to take anyone out who has never hunted or shot a firearm, and show them a responsibly fun time. And also, how the gun doesn't just jump up and starting shooting innocent people, or guilty people for that matter. Also, I will like to add that there is a lot of groups that do this all the time for first timers.

So whatever your opinion may be towards gun ownership, just look at this situation thoroughly and be consistent.

No comments:

Post a Comment