WARNING!!! Content from this blogger may help stimulate your mind

All I ask is that what I post you read with an open mind. Please make any judgements or decisions based on what your individual value(s), ideas, up-bringing may be. Remember, you are an individual, not a piece of a bigger group. The greatest thing about this country is that we have individual freedom. Really.


My 2 cents and you can keep the change

I am just an ordinary everyday citizen who is trying to get his voice heard. I think for myself and I don't always agree with someone or something 100% of the time, but that is entirely up to me to make that call. I really became interested in the political scene after 9/11 happened.

I am new to blogging, but it is something that I have always wanted to do. Give my opinion on certain current events along with happenings of everyday life is what I want to share with everyone. I am not mainstream by any way, nor do I feel that I have to solely committ to one party. However, I will committ to values that align with my own.



Powered By Blogger

Monday, December 7, 2009

Harry Reid, Nevada Senator and Majority leader of the US Senate

I want to start by saying how utterly embarrassed I am to have this guy as the leader of our US Senate. The tirade that he went on today really has me believing that he fell off of the tree of desperate acts and hit every branch on the way down. For those of that didn't have a chance to hear what the Senator from Nevada had to say, here is a link http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/12/07/politics/politicalhotsheet/entry5928530.shtml

This is a pathetic act by a man who knows that his chances at re-election are slim to not happening this year. And I think not happening was just confirmed with outrageous remarks today. How is it possible for Reid to have the audacity to compare a health care reform bill, mind you that is over two thousand pages long, to women's suffrage and slavery? Because Reid is desperate and wants to blame anyone but himself for this failing legislation.

When Obama took office earlier this year, we all were promised one thing. Transparency. It is fact that we are getting all but transparency with this new administration. That is another issue that I will talk about later, but keep that in mind regarding this issue.

How is the GOP suppose to jump on board with legislation that they have been excluded from participating in. I also want to point out that Reid has the potential 60 votes to pass this without a single republican vote. He is attacking the GOP because he is failing to understand that this bill is set up as it is today is just way to expensive and no need for the government to take over all of healthcare to insure about 17 million or so. This bill was put together behind closed doors without a single republican idea. How is that debatting? Beats me.

Folks, believe it or not, we are looking at double standards at their finest here. Where is the media questioning all of this when we need them? Imagine if a GOP member stood up and gave the same speech as Reid did today. Riots might have broken out over the remarks. I am a believer in what's fair is fair, and folks I can tell you this, what is going on at our nations capitol is all but fair. Us ordinary citizens are the ones that will be paying for this in the end.

Just to make clear. I do believe that we do need some form of healthcare reform done. There is a lot that is not fair that is going on right now with insurance companies and their rules. But, lets think this one through and go with a plan that makes sense for all of America within due time, and not just anything that is jammed down our throats like it is being done today.

One other point that I want to make about Reid's desperation commentary today: President Abraham Lincoln was a Republican.

No comments:

Post a Comment