WARNING!!! Content from this blogger may help stimulate your mind

All I ask is that what I post you read with an open mind. Please make any judgements or decisions based on what your individual value(s), ideas, up-bringing may be. Remember, you are an individual, not a piece of a bigger group. The greatest thing about this country is that we have individual freedom. Really.


My 2 cents and you can keep the change

I am just an ordinary everyday citizen who is trying to get his voice heard. I think for myself and I don't always agree with someone or something 100% of the time, but that is entirely up to me to make that call. I really became interested in the political scene after 9/11 happened.

I am new to blogging, but it is something that I have always wanted to do. Give my opinion on certain current events along with happenings of everyday life is what I want to share with everyone. I am not mainstream by any way, nor do I feel that I have to solely committ to one party. However, I will committ to values that align with my own.



Powered By Blogger

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Glenn Beck

Of late I have had some extra time to really watch and analyze some news shows. Some may argue that it is not news at all, but more of a political viewpoint being sold to its viewers. Some cable news anchors draw more fire and criticism, while others enjoy jumping on the topic of the day and running with it until the next topic comes up.

Glenn Beck is on the Fox News Chanel which is on cable. Some of you may have or have not hear of him. After watching several of his shows and seeing what opponents and proponents of Mr. Beck have to say; I have reached the following conclusion. Glenn Beck is nothing out of the ordinary. He is not on TV to initiate the next revolution, nor is the leader of some right wing conspiracy project in the works.

Mr. Glenn Beck is simply just a government whistleblower. Really. Look at it from both sides and you will see what he is doing is simply what the media is suppose to do. Report on the government for the people of the United States of America. If you honestly look at the situation with Beck, and see it from a non-biased point of view, its clear. All he is doing is reporting the facts about the people running our government. Who they are, what they believe in, stuff on record of them saying, and thats about it. The material Beck presents is what it is. If Beck is wrong about something, he will correct himself. People can be in denial all they want, but he isn't reporting lies. Granted, he does have a point of view himself, but he also has a love for this country.

Say Allan Colmes, a known liberal radio show host, had the same type of show as Beck does back when President George W. Bush was in office. Would Allan Colmes been scrutinized and boycotted as the way Beck is being currently treated? Absolutely not. Why? Because there truly is a bias in the media and we as people need to accept it and make decisions for ourselves. Remeber there is always two sides to a story, sometimes three to say the least. My dad had always told me that if something sounds too good to be true, it probably is untrue.

I do encourage anyone who doubts me to watch Glenn Beck for a week. And then watch the Ed Show on MSNBC for a week and tell who makes sense. Just by contrastaint those two shows is start to what I am trying to explain here. Or even just one show if you have never seen either. I have watched them both, and I was shocked as to see whats going on out there. Try it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment