WARNING!!! Content from this blogger may help stimulate your mind

All I ask is that what I post you read with an open mind. Please make any judgements or decisions based on what your individual value(s), ideas, up-bringing may be. Remember, you are an individual, not a piece of a bigger group. The greatest thing about this country is that we have individual freedom. Really.


My 2 cents and you can keep the change

I am just an ordinary everyday citizen who is trying to get his voice heard. I think for myself and I don't always agree with someone or something 100% of the time, but that is entirely up to me to make that call. I really became interested in the political scene after 9/11 happened.

I am new to blogging, but it is something that I have always wanted to do. Give my opinion on certain current events along with happenings of everyday life is what I want to share with everyone. I am not mainstream by any way, nor do I feel that I have to solely committ to one party. However, I will committ to values that align with my own.



Powered By Blogger

Sunday, December 13, 2009

The Photo Op Duo

As I was driving back home today I heard on the radio again that California Governor, Arnald Schwarzenegger, and Los Angeles City Mayor, Antonio Villaraigosa, are off the Coopenhagen Summit with the world leaders for the climate summit. I call them the photo op duo because they both can be seen at any opportunity where the chance to have their picture for whatever cause or event may be happening.

Yes, California has taken the most steps to cut down carbon emissions in the United States. Also to mention, businesses have been leaving California in droves, and unemployment is one of the highest in the nation. Coincidence? Not to leave out that California can't balance the budget due to income shortfalls.

Los Angeles is currently suffering the highest deficit in history, close to a billion dollars, and also has businesses kicking rocks out of the city.



It would make sense that the leaders would stay in town no matter what before the you know what hits the fan. Instead, they are going on a tax payer European safari making stops in other cities around the world before poking their noises in at the summit in Coopenhagen. Why?

Photo Opportunity.

Unfortunately the liitle blue bird is telling me that after the summit cars will still run off of gasoline, carbon emissions will still stay the same, and most importantly, the leaders will have most likely agreed that they disagree. So why even go at the cost of a city and state that is broke. No reason too. If they were so concerned with fighting global warming; they need to use the tools of technology to join in the conference. Imagine this, the duo used a video internet conference meeting to attend, or meet with whoever they need to. Hey, what about email or even the old phone call. I can only imagine that the "Carbon Footprint" would have been zilch, and the unneccessary burden to the tax payer just a fraction compared to getting on a private jet with their details and continent hopping.

Why do these people have a tendency to look us in the camera and tell us one thing, and then do the opposite? I just don't get it. Granted, the Mayor of New York City, Michael Bloomberg, who's city is in similiar dire straights, will be going to. But, Bloomberg a self made billionaire can flip his own bill, which I hope he is doing by the way. Talk has been cheap and the focus on constituents is getting more non existent by the minute.

Being unemployed hearing stuff like this really irks me. Its a classic example of wasteful spending by our elected officials for the sacred photo op. With record unemployment and deficits if money just needs to spent that badly, lets put back into the people that are need right now. Not for two Calfornia elected officials to head out to Europe on what most of us would consider to be a once in a lifetime vacation. The real knife in the back is that Villaraigosa will be getting paid for this and I only imagine per diem as well. Now yes, Arnold doesn't really take a salary, but that still doesn't justify this hit to the tax payers of California.

Our whole state is in a financial crissis and we continue to elect people that clearly have no idea what they are doing. If I only I knew how to implement common sense into this state I will in a heart beat.

No comments:

Post a Comment